Click on the "Clinics and Services" link above for information about our forthcoming flu clinics
We will be closed from 1pm on October 20th for staff training,
If you need medical advice during this time please contact:
NHS 111 for medical assistance
in the case of an Emergency dial 999
Welcome to The Orchard Surgery
Important Information for Patients
We are aware that our phone lines can be extremely busy at the moment. We have introduced DoctorLink as an online method for patients to request prescriptions, and to submit queries to the doctor. Please click the link on the left and consider registering.
You will be able to complete a questionnaire which may help with healthcare questions.
You should use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/ if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms are not better after 7 days
Changes to how we work
- We will not be doing the Walk-In clinics in the mornings, please call the surgery or submit a DoctorLink enquiry if necessary.
- If you have an appointment booked we will ask you by text or telephone if you have symptoms and advise you if your appointment will be changed to a telephone one.
- To protect patients who may be at greater risk, we are keeping the door locked, so if you come to the surgery please knock on the door and we will come and speak to you.
- If you have an appointment, we will take your temperature before you are allowed in the building.
- Please do not ask for extra medication, we will continue to supply one month at time when you order your repeats
We will update this website with further information as it becomes available. There is a very good source of information regarding coronavirus at www.gov.uk/coronavirus and at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ including advice if you are at higher risk from the virus.
Thank you for your co-operation
Dr Rita Codlin